A valuable drill for hitters to learn to avoid upper cutting.
- Softballs or balls
How the Drill Works
- Set up one tee behind another, about 17 inches apart
- The back tee should be about 2-3 inches higher than the front one
- Place one ball on the front tee
- Concentrating on your swing, hit the ball off the tee
- Your bat should not hit the back tee
Softball Coaching Tips
- If the hitters bat hits the back tee, correct her swing plane
- Do 25 swings per session
Why this Drill Works
- It's hard to argue with a knocked over tee!